(Adds details, quotes) By Ben Blanchard SHANGHAI, Aug 18 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. , the world's top carmaker, launched China's first auto financing venture on Wednesday to drive growth in a market expected to be the company's largest this year after the United States. GM's venture with Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. has made its first customer loan, beating foreign rivals in a race to enter a largely untapped $22 billion market. Volkswagen AG is still waiting for a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM launches China's maiden car loans firm" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.