(Recasts, adds background, details about vehicles, contracts, notification; adds byline) By Michael Ellis DETROIT, Nov 30 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. on Tuesday said it will lay off about 950 workers at its Linden, New Jersey, truck plant early next year and cease production of the two sport utility vehicles manufactured at the facility. GM, which earlier this month said it would close a van plant in Baltimore, said it will stop production of its aging Chevrolet Blazer and GMC ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM to lay off 950 at New Jersey truck plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.