(Adds details, background, byline) By Jui Chakravorty DETROIT, July 30 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp said on Monday it had begun offering zero-percent financing for up to 60 months on the extended and crew cab versions of its 2007 pickup trucks in response to competitors' discounts. "We want to be competitive in the marketplace and there has been increasingly heavy spending by our competitors," said John McDonald, GM spokesman. Sales of full-size pickups, which rely on buyers in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM offers zero-percent financing on pickups" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.