(Recasts first paragraph, adds details on revenue, results, share price, background) DETROIT, July 26 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. on Wednesday posted a larger-than-expected quarterly operating profit as it slashed costs in North America and raised its cost-cutting target by $1 billion, sending its shares up 5 percent. GM, the world's No. 1 automaker by sales volume, reported its net loss widened for the second quarter after writing down previously announced costs associated with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM posts strong qtly operating profit; shrs surge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642