(Adds details, stock activity) DETROIT, Jan 25 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. on Thursday said its fourth-quarter net loss mushroomed to $4.8 billion as it struggled with high costs, shrinking market share and sluggish sales of sport utility vehicles. The world's largest automaker said the loss amounted to $8.45 a share, compared with a year-earlier loss of $99 million, or 18 cents a share. Excluding one-time items, the company lost of $1.2 billion, or $2.09 a share. On that basis, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM quarterly net loss mushrooms to $4.8 billion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.