(Adds details, background) DETROIT, June 28 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. on Thursday said it reached a deal to sell its Allison Transmission unit for $5.6 billion to private-equity firms Carlyle Group and Onex Corp. GM said the sale would include almost all of the Allison Transmission unit's assets, including seven manufacturing plants in Indianapolis and the unit's worldwide distribution network. GM had said in January that it was looking to sell Allison, which makes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM selling Allison Transmission for $5.6 billion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.