(Adds details, background) BEIJING, Oct 29 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp , one of the world's top two automakers, will set up a $250 million scientific research centre in Shanghai, Chief Executive Rick Wagoner said on Monday. It joins a long list of multinational companies that are conducting research in China to tap the country's growing scientific expertise, develop products for the huge local market and gain credit in the eyes of a government determined to climb the technology ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM to set up $250 mln research centre in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.