(Recasts, adds details, analyst comment and byline, updates share price) By Poornima Gupta DETROIT, May 24 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. shares rose more than 7 percent and its bond price got a slight lift on Wednesday after Merrill Lynch raised its rating on the automaker on signs that its cost-cutting program was moving faster than expected. Merrill Lynch analyst John Murphy raised his rating on the stock to "buy" from "neutral" and also raised his estimate of GM's 2007 earnings ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM shares rise after Merrill Lynch upgrade" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.