(Adds comments by GM global marketing chief, details) By Ben Klayman DETROIT, May 31 (Reuters) - The world's largest automaker has jilted America's Super Bowl for the global variety of football. General Motors Co has signed on as the automotive sponsor of the world's most popular soccer club, Manchester United, in an attempt to cement Chevrolet as a global brand. Terms of the five-year deal, announced in Shanghai on T hursday, were not disclosed. GM is hoping to piggyback on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM signs on as Manchester United's auto sponsor" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642