(Updates with comments from company, union, details; changes dateline from New York; figures in U.S. dollars) By John McCrank TORONTO, Aug 30 (Reuters) - General Motors of Canada will cut about 1,100 jobs at a truck plant in Ontario amid slumping pickup sales, the company said on Thursday. That comes on top of recently announced cuts to overtime in the plant. GM said it will cut production of Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickup trucks in Oshawa, Ontario, from three shifts to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM to slash 1,100 jobs at Oshawa pickup plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.