(Recasts first paragraph, adds comments from UAW, CAW presidents, workers, details on plant shutdowns in Canada and impact on Mexico) By Poornima Gupta and Nick Carey DETROIT, Sept 25 (Reuters) - The 2-day-old nationwide strike against General Motors Corp by the United Auto Workers union was already being felt across borders on Tuesday, threatening production in Mexico and shutting down Canadian plants, as both sides resumed bargaining. More than 73,000 UAW-represented factory workers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM strike impact felt across borders, talks resume" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.