(Adds inventory levels in third paragraph, car review in ninth paragraph) By Michael Ellis DETROIT, Feb 27 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. said on Thursday it will cut back production of its slow-selling Saturn small- and mid-size cars by shutting the two plants where the cars are assembled for two weeks in March. The Saturn L Series, the division's first entry in the highly competitive mid-size car segment, has suffered weaker-than-expected sales since it went on the market in 1999. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM to trim production of slow-selling Saturns" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.