* Volt edges out Nissan Leaf for environmental honor * Volt designed to run on electric power for about 40 miles * Award comes same day GM shares return to public markets (Adds background, quote from GM executive, byline) By Nichola Groom LOS ANGELES, Nov 18 (Reuters) - The Chevrolet Volt plug-in electric car, the centerpiece of a revitalized General Motors Co , was named 2011 Green Car of the Year on Thursday. The highly anticipated Volt received the industry's top environmental ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM's Chevy Volt wins Green Car of the Year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642