(Adds bond prices, background) NEW YORK, July 31 (Reuters) - The cost to insure the debt of General Motors Corp hit record highs on Thursday after finance company GMAC LLC reported a $2.48 billion loss for the second quarter and one day before the automaker reports its second-quarter results. GM's benchmark long bonds hit a record low below 50 cents on the dollar, pushing their yields past 17 percent. Five-year credit default swaps on GM's debt jumped to 41.5 percent of the sum ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM's debt protection costs hit new record" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.