(Recasts, adds details, quotes, background, byline) By Jui Chakravorty ROYAL OAK, Mich., Aug 16 (Reuters) - Falling stock prices, a slowdown in the housing market and tighter credit could hurt auto sales, although there has been no big impact yet, a senior General Motor Corp executive said on Thursday. "It is never good when the stock market goes down. It takes wealth out of the economy...people feel poorer and decide to defer major purchases," Bob Lutz, GM's vice chairman and head of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM's Lutz says falling markets could hurt sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.