(Adds more Forster comment on Fiat) FRANKFURT, Nov 19 (Reuters) - The head of Opel, the German unit of the world's biggest carmaker General Motors , said late on Tuesday that a merger with the autos business of Italy's Fiat was not on the cards at the moment. "A merger is not currently on the horizon," Opel Chief Executive Officer Carl-Peter Forster told reporters in comments embargoed until Wednesday. Analysts say deeper consolidation between Fiat Auto and Opel, which already ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GM's Opel chief says Fiat merger not on the cards" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.