(Adds details on production impact, charges, background) DETROIT, June 25 (Reuters) - Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co said on Wednesday it will close a tire plant in Australia by the end of 2008, cutting 600 jobs, under its long-term plan to eliminate high-cost production capacity. Goodyear, the largest U.S. tire maker, also said it had completed a three-year restructuring goal of eliminating 25 million tires of annual production from higher-cost countries to save the company about $150 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Goodyear to close Australian plant, cut 600 jobs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.