(Rewrites first paragraph, adds company to record charge, background, closing stock price) CHICAGO, Aug 28 (Reuters) - Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. said on Thursday it will cut 19 percent of the salaried, nonunion jobs at its North American plants, or about 500 positions, as part of a two-year turnaround plan. Goodyear said the cuts will result in a third-quarter charge but declined to comment on the exact amount. The reductions, expected to save about $40 million a year, will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Goodyear to cut about 500 jobs, record charge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.