(Recasts first sentence, adds company and analyst comments, closing share price, changes dateline previously AKRON, Ohio) By Susan Kelly CHICAGO, Jan 30 (Reuters) - Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. , grappling with a weak domestic tire business, said on Thursday it may cut some North American production capacity due to an industry glut. Its shares fell 9 percent after hitting an all-time low earlier in the day. The No. 1 U.S. tiremaker said it might cut capacity by up to 15 percent but did ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Goodyear says may cut U.S. tire-making capacity" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.