(Adds background, comment from Goodyear spokesman) CHICAGO, Aug 20 (Reuters) - Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. , after marathon bargaining sessions with the United Steelworkers of America, on Wednesday said it reached a tentative labor contract covering 19,000 unionized workers at 14 U.S. plants. The company did not specify whether the three-year contract involves plant closings or job cuts, which the union had sought to prevent. But Goodyear spokesman Chuck Sinclair said the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Goodyear, union reach tentative labor contract" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.