* Officials say want to promote broadband and protect GPS * LightSquared proving to be risky bet for hedge fund * Company defends venture, new proposal after GPS concerns (Adds comments from LightSquared) By Jasmin Melvin WASHINGTON, June 23 (Reuters) - U.S. government officials called for more testing of hedge fund manager Philip Falcone's satellite broadband start-up to address interference issues with global positioning systems, but showed interest in finding a solution rather ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-GPS worry prompts call for more LightSquared tests" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642