(Adds CEO quotes, detail) LONDON, June 27 (Reuters) - Travellers switching from cars to bus and rail due to environmental concerns helped Britain's Stagecoach boost year profit by 38 percent as it reported a strong start to its new financial year. "Environmental issues had a major impact on both bus and rail," Chief Executive Brian Souter told reporters. "In the south, particularly the cathedral cities, we're seeing a modal shift onto the bus." Underlying pretax profit was 162 million ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Green travellers help Stagecoach profit rise 38 pct" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642