(Recasts, adds details) DETROIT, Feb 23 (Reuters) - Car dealership Group 1 Automotive Inc. on Thursday posted a surprising 44 percent rise in quarterly profit, boosted by improved margins in its used-vehicle and parts and service units, and forecast 2006 earnings at the higher end of Wall Street estimates. The Houston-based company said fourth-quarter earnings rose to $16.2 million, or 66 cents per share, from $11.2 million, or 47 cents per share, a year earlier. Wall Street analysts, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Group 1 Automotive 4th-qtr profit rises 44 percent" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642