(Adds detail, background) DETROIT, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Auto dealership chain Group 1 Automotive Inc on Tuesday reported a 63 percent decline in quarterly earnings after writing down the value of some dealerships and cautioned the U.S. auto industry is headed for lower sales in 2008. Fourth-quarter net income fell to $5.5 million, or 24 cents per share, from $14.8 million, or 61 cents per share, a year earlier. Revenue rose 1.5 percent to $1.5 billion. Excluding one-time items, Group 1 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Group 1 profit drops, sees weak 2008 auto sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642