(Adds details) DETROIT, Oct 31 (Reuters) - Car dealership chain Group 1 Automotive Inc. will need to cut orders of 2007-model year vehicles from Detroit's Big Three automakers to reduce inventories of unsold vehicles, its chief executive said on Tuesday. "We have probably at least 30 percent too much inventory, maybe 40 percent for our current level of sales," CEO Earl Hesterberg told Reuters in an interview. "So in future months we have to be ordering 30 or 40 percent less vehicles than ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Group 1 sees need to cut Big Three orders" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642