(Adds details, comments from governor interview, background) By Alison Leung GUANGZHOU, China, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co's success in Guangdong province is serving as a magnet for other Japanese car and parts makers to set up shop in southern China, says provincial Governor Huang Huahua. "Guangzhou will definitely become an automobile city," Huang told Reuters in an interview this week. To that end, Huang said Japan's biggest carmaker Toyota Motor Corp is likely to set up a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Guangdong attracts automakers with Honda magnet" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.