(Adds background) PRAGUE/BRATISLAVA, April 22 (Reuters) - South Korea's leading tyre producer Hankook Tire has chosen Slovakia for its new 500 million euros ($653 million) European factory, a source close to the project told Reuters on Friday. The source, who asked not to be named, said the factory was expected to be located near the western Slovak town of Levice, about 130 km (78 miles) east of the capital Bratislava, and should create 1,500 new jobs. "Hankook had been deciding between ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Hankook chooses Slovakia for new plant - source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.