* Sees econ growth, rising middle class to help sales * Names MD of new India unit, seeking dealers in key areas (Adds details, background) NEW DELHI, Aug 27 (Reuters) - Harley-Davidson Inc plans to start selling its motorcycles next year in India, the world's second-largest market for bikes, the U.S.-based company said on Thursday. Harley said it expects a growing economy, rising middle class and investment in highways to boost leisure motorcycle riding in the country. India is now ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Harley-Davidson to sell bikes in India in 2010" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642