(Updates with bill introduced, quotes from Hatch) By Susan Cornwell WASHINGTON, May 22 (Reuters) - A senior Republican senator introduced legislation on Thursday to set up a $108 billion fund to pay asbestos injury claims, and said he would call a committee hearing on it early next month. The degree of support for the measure by Utah Republican Orrin Hatch was unclear. It was strongly criticized this week by organized labor, whose backing is essential to getting enough Democrat votes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Hatch files US asbestos bill, plans June hearing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642