(Adds detail) MUMBAI, June 1 (Reuters) - India's top motorcycle maker, Hero Honda Motors Ltd. , said on Thursday it sold 303,666 units in May, up 34 percent from 226,072 sold in the same month last year. A company official earlier said it had sold 303,000 units in May. It said exports rose 9 percent to 9,908 units from 9,101. Japan's Honda Motor Co. owns 26 percent of Hero Honda.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Hero Honda May vehicle sales up 34 pct on yr" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.