(Adds detail, share price) MUMBAI, Jan 30 (Reuters) - India's top motorcycle maker, Hero Honda Motors Ltd. , posted on Monday a better-than-expected 20 percent rise in quarterly profit on robust sales in the world's largest bike market after China. Hero Honda, known for its sturdy fuel-efficient bikes, has driven a boom in the $4 billion Indian market of nearly 5 million bikes a year, fuelled by cheap loans, rising incomes, new models and a shift in consumer preference to motorbikes from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Hero Honda Q3 net up 20 pct as margins improve" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.