(Adds quotes, background) MUMBAI, Sept 27 (Reuters) - India's auto industry is facing pressure from high interest rates and other costs, while an appreciating rupee is hurting exports, the managing director of Tata Motors Ltd said on Thursday. "It is certainly a very challenging position at the moment," Ravi Kant told reporters on the sidelines of a conference. New York-listed Tata Motors , which is in the race to buy Ford Motors' premium brands Jaguar and Land Rover, is India's top ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-High rates, rupee hurting India autos-Tata Motors" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.