(Adds detail, reaction) LONDON, July 31 (Reuters) - British consumer confidence took a tumble this month as higher interest rates and the perception of a deteriorating economic backdrop encouraged people to save rather than spend, a survey showed on Tuesday. Research group GfK NOP's consumer confidence barometer fell three points to -6 in July, its lowest since April and below forecasts for -4. "Even allowing for the fact that consumer sentiment may well have been dampened significantly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Higher interest rates hit UK consumer confidence" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.