(Adds Volvo comment, background) STOCKHOLM, Feb 23 (Reuters) - Japanese truck maker Hino Motors Ltd wants to buy part of Swedish truck maker Volvo's shares in domestic rival Scania , the Swedish business daily Dagens Industri reported on Monday. Scania, Europe's third-largest truck maker, delivered 45,000 heavy trucks and almost 5,000 buses last year. Hino, the trucking arm of car maker Toyota and one of the strongest of Japan's four truck makers, would offer to pay almost three ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Hino may buy part of Volvo's Scania shares -report" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.