* Says to reach agreement in Q1 on joint ventures * Japanese firms seeking new rare earth sources (Adds detail, background) TOKYO, Dec 21 (Reuters) - Japan's Hitachi Metals Ltd said on Tuesday it is in talks with Molycorp Inc to jointly produce rare earth metals in the United States where demand is seen rising in line with growth in the electric vehicle market. The move comes as Japanese rare earth suppliers and dealers are racing to diversify their procurement sources after ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Hitachi Metals:talking with Molycorp on rare earth JVs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.