(Recasts, adds quotes, details from news conference) By Chang-Ran Kim TOKYO, Dec 18 (Reuters) - Japan's Honda Motor Co followed rival Toyota with a bullish forecast on Wednesday for its global auto sales next year, announcing plans to more than quadruple output capacity in China to keep up with rising demand. Honda, Japan's second-largest automaker, said it expects its global automobile sales in 2003 to jump 10 percent from this year to about 3.1 million units, a record high. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Honda expects record global sales in 2003" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642