(Adds background) TOKYO, Dec 19 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co said on Wednesday it would aim for U.S. sales of 1.59 million cars in 2008, up 3 percent from its estimated record sales of 1.55 million there this year. Japan's second-biggest automaker also said it would target record sales of 420,000 cars in Europe in 2008, up 11 percent from its estimate for this year. Global car sales for calendar 2007 are estimated at a record 3.76 million, a rise of 6 percent over last year. Honda had ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Honda eyes 3 pct rise in 2008 US sales to record" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642