(Adds details, background, quotes throughout) By Kevin Krolicki DETROIT, July 25 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co. on Tuesday announced long-awaited plans to enter the aviation industry, saying it would start taking orders this fall for a seven-person micro-jet with a wing-mounted engine design that promises improved fuel economy. The Tokyo-based company, best known for its motorcycles and automobiles, said it expected that its upcoming HondaJet would compete in the market for an emerging ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Honda moves into aviation market with small jet" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.