(Adds background, sales, share price) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent TOKYO, Jan 28 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co. posted a 6.9 percent fall in quarterly operating profit on Friday as a weaker dollar ate into U.S.-based earnings and it sold fewer cars than expected in its home market, but it lifted its full-year forecasts on strong European and Asian sales. Analysts have said the weak quarter was partly due to Japan's number three auto maker spending more to improve safety ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Honda posts lower Q3 profit but lifts FY forecasts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.