(Adds sales result, background, byline) By Chang-Ran Kim TOKYO, Jan 30 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co , Japan's second-biggest auto maker, reported on Friday a surprise 1.4 percent rise in quarterly operating profit and kept its full-year forecast unchanged despite a damaging slide in the dollar. The maker of Accord cars had been expected to show a drop in operating profit hurt by a persistent sales slide at home and slower demand in its crucial U.S. market due to a dearth of new models ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Honda posts surprise Q3 prft rise despite weak dlr" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642