(Adds details, background, closing share price) By Chang-ran Kim TOKYO, July 26 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co. , Japan's third-biggest car maker, posted a 30 percent jump in quarterly net profit on Wednesday, fuelled by strong North American sales, and kept its full-year profit forecast. Honda's fleet of fuel-efficient cars is revving up sales in the United States as gasoline prices average $3 a gallon, prompting more buyers to opt for sedans and car-based crossovers instead of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Honda Q1 profit jumps on brisk U.S. sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.