(Adds background, details, share price) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent TOKYO, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co. , Japan's third-biggest auto maker, posted a better-than-expected 24 percent jump in quarterly operating profit on Tuesday, helped by soaring sales and a weaker yen, and jacked up its full-year forecasts partly to account for currency windfalls. Most of Japan's top auto makers are expected to report strong profit gains as they ride a softer yen and expand their ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Honda Q3 op profit jumps 24 pct, jacks up forecasts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.