(Adds background) By Chang-Ran Kim TOKYO, July 29 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co , Japan's second-biggest auto maker, posted on Tuesday a 12 percent fall in quarterly operating profit, hit by a sales slump at home and a weak dollar, but raised its full-year forecasts on expectations for smaller currency losses. Honda, the first big Japanese car maker to report results for the first quarter to end-June, racked up record earnings last year along with rivals, but its industry-beating run in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Honda quarterly profit falls on weak dollar" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.