May 20 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co plans to ramp up its annual automobile production capacity in China 36 percent by 2012 to meet sharp demand growth in the country, the Nikkei business daily learned. The move, which will raise Honda's capacity in China to 830,000 units, is expected to be announced locally as early as next week, the daily said. The carmaker will expand a plant operated by local joint venture Guangqi Honda Automobile Co, adding a new assembly line at an estimated cost of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Honda to ramp up carmaking capacity in China - Nikkei" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.