(Recasts, adds analyst comment, background, byline) By Sachi Izumi TOKYO, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Japan's Honda Motor Co. unveiled the latest version of its popular Civic sedan on Thursday, with improved gasoline and hybrid engine systems for the domestic market, as it looks to reignite flagging sales of a car that was launched a third of a century ago. Production of the Civic -- which has sold some 16 million worldwide -- has dropped 24 percent from a 1997 peak as consumers shifted to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Honda rolls out new Civic, hybrid model for Japan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642