(Updates with company comment) TOKYO, Aug 22 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co Ltd plans to develop an electric car to debut in the U.S. market by around 2015 as tighter environmental regulations push demand for zero-emission vehicles, the Nikkei newspaper said on Saturday. A spokesperson for the company, Japan's No. 2 automaker, said it was developing an electric car but had not decided when to launch it. The company could also not comment on the Nikkei business daily's report, without ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Honda to unveil electric car in US by 2015-Nikkei" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.