(Adds details, quotes) NEW DELHI, Sept 25 (Reuters) - The Indian unit of South Korea's top car maker Hyundai Motor Co. will invest $500 million in a new engine and transmission plant in the southern city of Chennai, a senior official said on Monday. The plant is expected to open in two years, with a capacity of at least 400,000 units, Hyundai Motor India Ltd.'s managing director and CEO, Lheem Heung-Soo, told reporters. About $237 million of the investment would come from Hyundai's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Hyundai to invest $500 mln in Indian engine plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.