SEOUL, Oct 30 (Reuters) - Hyundai Motor Co. , South Korea's top auto maker, posted a 47 percent drop in third-quarter profit, hit by derivatives losses and a firmer local currency that dented export earnings. Hyundai, the world's No.6 auto maker along with affiliate Kia Motors Corp. , should see earnings improve in the current fourth quarter as overseas sales and lower oil prices outweigh sluggish demand on the home market. Hyundai, which controls half the South Korean auto market, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Hyundai Q3 profit plunges on weak sales, currency" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.