(Adds details) BEIJING, Dec 23 (Reuters) - South Korea's Hyundai Motor Co Ltd said on Monday it plans to make 50,000 passenger cars next year and 300,000 by 2005 at a new China joint venture to tap one of the world's fastest growing car markets. The figures, provided by the joint venture's chairman, Xu Heyi, in a statement are about 50 percent higher than estimates given by Hyundai in October when it announced the tie-up with Beijing Automotive Industry Holdings. Hyundai rolled out its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Hyundai's Beijing plant to make 50,000 cars in '03" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642