* Sets ambitious target of 6 million vehicles by 2020 * Govt to spend 130-140 bln rupees on plan * Technology seen as prohibitively expensive in India (adds quotes, details) NEW DELHI, Aug 29 (Reuters) - India's government has approved a 230 billion rupee ($4.13 billion) plan to spur electric and hybrid vehicle production over the next eight years, setting itself an ambitious target of 6 million vehicles by 2020. India has a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-India approves $4.1 bln green vehicle push over 8 years" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.